Phoenix, AZ– U.S. officials confirmed this week that the Obama administration sent two more cash shipments totaling $1.3 billion to Iran in the weeks following its $400 million cash ransom payment for the release of four Americans detained in Tehran on the same weekend of the Iran Nuclear Deal.
Since publicly expressing her support for the reckless Iran Nuclear Deal nearly one year ago, Democrat Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick has remained a supporter of the dangerous deal that has given $1.7 billion to the number-one state sponsor of terrorism.
“Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick needs to be honest with Arizonans and tell them if she still supports the reckless Iran Nuclear Deal,” said Lorna Romero, Communications Director. “While she stays shamefully silent, the Obama Administration continues to mislead the American people about the dangerous Iran Nuclear Deal and the billions of the dollars given to the number-one state sponsor of terrorism. Iran’s hostility towards the U.S. has increased since the signing of the deal, but rather than speaking up for the American people, Kirkpatrick is blindly following her liberal allies. Her continued support of the Iran Nuclear Deal shows a complete lack of judgment that is needed to keep this country safe. It is clear Congresswoman Kirkpatrick is too liberal for Arizona.”
The McCain Campaign recently launched an ad exposing Congresswoman Kirkpatrick’s reckless support of the Iran Nuclear Deal.
- President Obama signed the Iran Nuclear Deal over a year ago. Since the deal went into effect, Iran has conducted hostile acts towards the United States including by illegally detaining ten U.S. sailors.
- According to a secret addition to the nuclear deal recently exposed, Iran will be allowed to expand a key nuclear program in little more than a decade.
- Even worse, Democrat Congresswoman Kirkpatrick followed the lead of Democratic party bosses recently by voting against measures that would prevent Iran from gaining access to the U.S. financial system, prohibit the Obama Administration from sending millions in American taxpayer dollars to Iran to purchase heavy water and expand and strengthen existing sanctions against Iran related to its ballistic-missile program. The measures passed the House of Representatives.
- Recently, the U.S. State Department confirmed that the Obama administration paid a ransom to Iran for the release of four Americans detained in Tehran on the same weekend the Iran Nuclear Deal — a deal that Democrat Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick wholeheartedly supports — was formally implemented.
- The $400 million was delivered to Iran in an unmarked plane and paid in foreign currency because any transaction with Iran in U.S. dollars is illegal. Not surprisingly, Iran’s provocative behavior has only increased since Democrat Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick’s Nuclear Deal was signed, most recently with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard’s arrest of two more Iranian-Americans.